When your air conditioner is working, it’s a beautiful thing. Few things compare to the gust of crisp air you feel when entering your home to escape the heat. But imagine walking into your home and feeling… nothing. If your AC is on the fritz, you’ve got to suffer through the heat while finding an HVAC repair service.
That’s why AC maintenance is such a crucial element of making sure your equipment works great year-round. If you’re in the South Jersey area, look no further than Bovio Rubino Service to handle all your AC repair and maintenance services. Our skilled team of NATE-certified technicians is trained to tackle any HVAC issue, focus on customer service, and deliver quality results. Contact us today to learn more about air conditioner maintenance services offered by Bovio Rubino Service.
Professional AC Maintenance Checklist
As mentioned before, maintaining your cooling system is imperative if you wish to get the most out of your unit. When you contact a professional HVAC maintenance company, you can rest easy, knowing that experts have completed the following steps (depending on your service plan):
- A thorough inspection of the unit. This in-depth look at your air conditioner will make sure everything is operating as it should and allows a technician to remove dust or debris from concealed areas.
- Lubrication of the motor and other components. By keeping your cooling system well-oiled, your unit will work efficiently and prevent any moving parts from being damaged or worn down.
- Inspection of the condensate drain. Professionals will identify any potential clogs or growths that may prevent your air conditioner from draining excess condensation and water.
- Cleaning of the evaporator coil. The evaporator coil is the component that actually cools the air that is circulated throughout your home. Maintaining a clean coil is essential for prolonging the life of your AC unit.
- Calibration of the thermostat. By ensuring your thermostat is displaying accurate information and working properly, you can continue to control your air conditioner settings from the comfort of your living room.
When a professional air conditioning maintenance company goes through this checklist, they are ensuring that every aspect of your cooling system is performing at its best!
DIY Air Conditioner Maintenance
To get the most out of your air conditioner, you don’t have to wait for a professional! You should monitor your unit’s performance year-round to make sure things are running smoothly. Here are some suggestions for AC maintenance you can perform on your own before the summer season:
- Change the filter every three months
- Prevent objects or furniture from obstructing vents and registers
- Clear debris like leaves, tree branches, etc. from in and around the condenser unit