Energy Audits for South Jersey Homes
Is your home drafty in the winter? Are some rooms unbearably hot in the summer? Are your utility bills higher than they should be? If so, you could benefit from an energy audit performed by Rubino Service Company. We’ll pinpoint the reasons behind these problems and provide energy-saving, comfort-boosting solutions. These energy audits are brought to you by the New Jersey Board of Public Utilities through the New Jersey Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® program.
Why Choose Rubino Service Company for Energy Audits in South Jersey?
We’re a family-owned and operated business with 40 years of experience. Over the decades, we’ve perfected our product and service offerings and developed unparalleled attention to customer service.
We also employ energy auditors certified by the Building Performance Institute (BPI), the most widely recognized energy auditor certification, accreditation and quality assurance organization in the country. This ensures a thorough energy audit with results and recommendations you can trust.
What to Expect During an Energy Audit
The purpose of an energy audit is to pinpoint wasted energy and safety issues. An auditor uses special tools, including:
- Blower door to depressurize the home.
- Infrared scanner to check for low insulation levels and air leaks while the home is depressurized.
- Combustion analyzer to measure furnace efficiency.
- Manometer to gauge pressure differences and pinpoint air leaks.
Using these tools, the auditor conducts a series of inspections and tests, which may take up to two hours to complete. The auditor:
- Analyzes your energy bills to determine your energy consumption.
- Conducts an exterior inspection, looking for problems with the siding or eaves.
- Inspects the interior, checking what types of light bulbs, faucets and showerheads you use along with your thermostat and water heater settings.
- Checks the HVAC system for combustion efficiency and poorly sealed/insulated ductwork.
- Conducts a blower door test to make air leaks and insulation gaps in the walls and ceilings easier to find.
- Provides air sealing to make sure the home does not leak conditioned air outside.
Benefits of an Energy Audit
Whether you suffer from HVAC performance issues, home comfort problems or high energy bills, an energy audit can help. Once every step of the inspection is complete, the energy auditor explains the results and identifies how you can make improvements. For example:
- You can add insulation to the attic floor, which you didn’t know was needed until the infrared scanner revealed the heat loss there.
- You can hire an HVAC technician to seal and insulate your ductwork if the energy auditor discovers you’re wasting energy here.
The key to making the right home improvements is to identify problem areas, which is what an energy audit is all about. The auditor creates a comprehensive improvement plan, possibly including some of the suggestions here. The plan outlines:
- How to prioritize the improvements your home needs.
- The cost of these improvements if performed by Rubino Service Company.
- The annual savings you can expect once you make the improvements.
- A payback time analysis.
Schedule an Energy Audit with Rubino Service Company
An energy audit is an affordable way to prioritize improvements that will lower your utility bills and improve home comfort. You may be able to finance improvements up to $15,000 through the New Jersey Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® Program. Receive a seven-year, 0% interest loan up to $10,000 or a 10-year, 4.99% interest loan up to $15,000 with no prepayment penalties. We also have rebates that are available up to $4,000.
To schedule an energy audit, or to learn more about financing, please call 856-281-1297 or contact us online.
Areas we service: Voorhees, Cherry Hill, Sewell, Marlton, Haddonfield, Woodbury, Westampton, West Berlin, Washington Township, Turnersville, Tabernacle, Swedesboro, Stratford, Southampton, Somerdale, Shamong, Runnemede, Riverton, Pitman, Pine Hill, Pennsauken, Oakland, Mt. Laurel, Moorestown, Merchantville, Medford Lakes, Medford, Maple Shade Township, Mantua, Magnolia, Lumberton, Lindenwold, Laurel Springs, Hainesport, Haddon Heights, Gloucester Township, Glassboro, Gibbsboro, Eastampton, Deptford, Delran, Delanco, Collingswood, Clementon, Cinnaminson, Cherry Hill, Brooklawn, Blackwood, Berlin, Bellmawr, Barrington, and Audubon.