Heat Pump Maintenance Services in Voorhees, NJ
Heat pumps are growing in popularity among South Jersey residents. There is a variety of reasons to consider a heat pump for your home. These reasons include:
- Supplementing another system, such as radiant floor heating
- Replacing your inefficient heating and cooling systems with one unified, energy-efficient solution
- Reducing your carbon footprint
- Lowering monthly energy costs
You may question if a single system with a combination of heating and cooling is more complicated than having two separate systems. With our experts at Rubino Service Company, you will not have to worry. We offer maintenance agreements to ensure that your heat pump is running as efficiently as possible. We have experts ready to install and maintain your heat pump, so you get the best and most extended use out of it possible.
Don’t let your heat pump become a strain; let us maintain! Contact Rubino Service Company today! Give us a call at (856) 281-1297 or contact us online.
Do Heat Pumps Need Servicing?
Preventative maintenance is always recommended for any heating and cooling system, including a heat pump. When you maintain your heat pump, you can save in overall energy consumption. The difference in the energy consumption between a well-maintained heat pump and a neglected one ranges from 10% to 25%.
When you contact one of our experts for a heat pump maintenance service, we can do the following:
- Inspect ducts, filters, blowers, and indoor coils for dirt and other obstructions
- Diagnose and seal duct leakage
- Verify adequate airflow by measurement
- Verify correct refrigerant charge by measurement
- Check for refrigerant leaks
- Inspect electric terminals, clean and tighten connections if necessary, and apply nonconductive coating
- Lubricate motors and inspect belts for tightness and wear
- Verify correct electric control, making sure that heating is locked out when the thermostat calls for cooling and vice versa
- Verify correct thermostat operation
Benefits of Heat Pump Maintenance
Routine maintenance will keep the system performing efficiently. When a heat pump receives maintainenance, damage and costly repairs to components such as the compressor can be prevented. Your heat pump is an investment, and keeping it maintained will ensure you receive the best service out of your investment.
Signs You Need Heat Pump Service
When considering if your heat pump needs maintenance, ask yourself the following questions:
- Are there strange smells?
- Are there strange sounds?
- Are your electric bills higher than usual?
- Is your heat pump running but not cooling or heating your home well?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, call Rubino Service Company. Your heat pump will need servicing and, if done soon enough, maintenance can prevent more significant and costly repairs. Save yourself extra trouble and expenses with our heat pump maintenance services.
Can I Troubleshoot & Maintain a Heat Pump Myself?
As a homeowner, you can and should monitor your heat pump for some common issues. For example, during the South Jersey chill, the defrost cycle should not turn on or off frequently. If it does, it is time to contact us. When you contact one of our technicians, we will ensure that everything is working correctly.
There are things you can do as a homeowner to maintain your heat pump. Our at-home maintenance tips include:
- Replacing or cleaning air filters every 30 to 60 days
- Keeping the outdoor unit free of grass, leaves, dirt, snow, and other debris
- Maintaining a 2-foot area of clearance around the heat pump
- Dusting the supply and return registers to keep the vents open and the air flowing
- Calling your HVAC pro once or twice a year to schedule heat pump maintenance!
You can do these things to keep your heat pump maintained, but calling a professional will ensure that it is appropriately serviced.
Contact Rubino Service Company for Heat Pump Maintenance Services in Voorhees, NJ
A maintenance service agreement for routine maintenance by Rubino Service Company will bring you peace of mind. Your heat pump runs nearly 24 hours a day, 365 days a year in your home. Our maintenance and protection plans include:
- Two checkups per year
- System checks & cleanings to ensure smooth & efficient operation
- Priority service should you need assistance, regardless of heavy call volume
- Well-trained, certified, and courteous technicians
- Safeguards on existing warranties
- Discounts on any future repairs
Keep your heat pump properly maintained by giving Rubino Service Company a call at (856) 281-1297 or contacting us online.